Sentinel Active Monitor, Ngee Ann Polytechnic
Tags: Medical wearable, Elderly Care, Embedded system, Fall detection, Vital sign,
Supervisor: Chua Kok Poo, Mordecai; Mark Wong
Students: Chayut Orapinpatipat; Lau Suizhi; Ken Lai Kin Yong; Sophia Phang Xue Hui
Falling is one of the most critical and common injuries among elderly. To get help at the shortest possible time , the sentinel active monitoring provide a fall detection system. Elderly will wear our sentinel active watch that will send an alert message when a fall is detected.
Develop a communication network that will effectively store the elderly’s vital signs data and send an alert message to the caregiver if a fall is detected.
- Using Bluetooth 4.0 (BLE) to transmit data from watch.
- Data transmitted to base station if at home. Data transmitted to elderly’s phone if outdoors.
- Use of beaglebone black (Base Station) and Android phone (Elderly’s Phone).
- Alert message send by Wi-Fi and 3G.
- Data uploaded to Cloud and can be view on the caregiver’s computer using a GUI program